Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Sarah Lake : Sea Glass Series 2/6

I’m Sarah Lake and I live near Seaham in the north of England. Since 2016 I’ve run the Etsy store, CornflowerLake which supplies sea glass to jewellery makers and crafters all over the world. Previously my husband, Neal ran HeSellsSeaGlass which I was also involved with.

We started HeSellsSeaGlass in around 2011 and although we were frequent visitors to Seaham beach before that, weren’t necessarily aware of the amazing range of colours of glass that could be found. It takes a skilled eye to find the best glass!



We started our first Etsy shop because we enjoyed spending time on the beach, were big fans of Etsy and thought it would be a fun and relaxing way to make some extra cash. Although I’ve enjoyed a lot of crafts over the years, I’d never tried silversmithing. I thought it would be nice to supply really good quality glass to people with the skills to turn it into amazing jewellery.  You can find my Etsy shop at: www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CornflowerLake





Although I find some multis in particular quite breath taking, I’m actually more of a fan of solid colours. I love a nicely frosted, well-shaped piece of red and also love all of the blue and green shades. Cornflower is a personal favourite, hence the name of the shop.

 


Why I, Melissa purchase from Sarah: Neal, Sarah's husband was one of my first suppliers when starting to work with sea glass. If I needed anything special he tried to help with what I needed. He took the time to read my Etsy profile to get to know me and and ask about how my children were doing. Sarah has continued to supply me with these gorgeous finds and the multi's are amazing! I have never been disappointed in my purchases in the years I have bought from them.



Here are some pieces Creative Art By ME has made with Sarah's  finds:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreativeArtbyME










No comments:

Post a Comment