Monday, October 1, 2018

Karen Reynolds : Sea Glass Series 4/6








My name is Karen, and I live in Fort Bragg, CA. I've lived here pretty much all my life. My father's side of family moved to Fort Bragg in late 1800s.



I'vepicked up sea glass from Glass Beach since about 1975, but built a collection only fairly recently after an injury that prevented my working for about a year. 


  I started collecting the sea glass because I needed to get out of the house, move my body, and I had some betta fish that needed something really pretty in their bowls. 







     My most unusual find (well, the one that gets a lot of chit chat going) is a sea brick labeled "PLUT." I am assuming it had read "PLUTONIUM." 

    Green is my favorite sea glass color. It is the most brilliant for jewelry, desk gardens, mosaic art and the like.
















Why I, Melissa purchase from Karen: I love Karens tiny pieces and the fact she sells them drilled. I do drill some of my own sea glass however this saves me time when I know I will be using them stacked. The pieces are always beautiful and she has always been accommodating and giving! Karen is a mermaid who loves the history of Fort Braggs Sea glass and passionate about the idea of repurposing these gems into beautiful jewelry and other goods. I feel like we both see what once was someones trash is a treasure and can be useful once again. I love her humor and determination!





Here are some pieces Creative Art By ME has made with Karen's  finds:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreativeArtbyME














No comments:

Post a Comment