Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Handmade

    I had a minute to write and thought why not. Between the actual creating, listing, craft shows and my best shot at marketing my work. I have another job, Mom. Yesterday, was a rude awaking that these two worlds of work and home collide more an more. My daughter was home sick and I had loads of work that needed to be done. I think I juggled it fairly well. I started a giveaway, listed a few items packaged up a huge package to a consignment shop and photographed some new work. I was worn out at the end of the day. I have tossed around new ideas of what to do next and the ornaments I have to get ready.....yes ornaments.....in October. I actually have to start them by summer to even have enough for my craft shows I attend in the fall. I stay up late and squeeze in all this and try my best to take care of my little ones. Which leads me to why. Why do all this? I love the creative aspect and designing something fun and functional!  One thing I have learned over the years is how one piece leads to another great idea or piece. I love seeing others work as well because it gets me inspired as well as supporting others who are in the same boat as me. Sure I could take a 9-5 job. But who would have wiped away my daughters tears yesterday and picked up my son and take him to therapy and find out that he had a great day at school. (Which is far and few) I love the flexibility that this job has given me.  Sure the pay is not great, but the friends I have made along the way and the love or creating has me happy I chose handmade. Please consider buying handmade for the holidays and supporting us!

No comments:

Post a Comment